The 9 Clearing Statements To Address The Fear of Uncertainty and Embracing Change provide self-explanatory assistance with those situations. They have a slight emphasis on addressing the aspects of letting go of the past, the known and the familiar. It is meant to do away with the ‘pull’ of the history.
This (equally self-explanatorily titled )set aims to focus on the resistance to the unknown future. For sometimes, the analogy of being at crossroads does not seem adequate. The feeling then is more like one is poised on the edge of a cliff and the only way forward seems to be that leap of faith. So naturally, there can be a terror, and an attempt to ‘push’ away the inevitable.
Much of such fear is based on three things:
- The extrapolation of the past along with the conscious/unconscious assumption that things will not get better; indeed, that they may even get worse.
- Our need for control. When rooted in our identification with a separate self, there is a need for safety and predictability. Fear drives us to overthinking, overplanning and generalized anxiety. We forget how to have faith in ourselves, a higher power, and life itself. The more we are identified with a separate self, the less palatable and feasible surrender seems.
- Contemplating a leap off a cliff (metaphorically speaking) very likely triggers our nagging fears of death.
The latter two require a diligent inquiry into our true nature and the befriending of the inevitable death of this mind-body at some point. The clearings included here are but one step in that direction.
Nevertheless, these clearings should help you feel far less anxious, more ready and capable, and thus help you deal with your current challenge. Other articles, such as How To Navigate Through Significant Change and EFT scripts, such as EFT for Overwhelm may also prove relevant and useful, so please have a look at them as well.
Simply read aloud and tap along all the EFT points as you are reading. If you are unfamiliar with EFT, download EFT in one page here . For a more detailed understanding of EFT, you can get my book – Emotional Freedom Techniques.
Some readers may find it effective and comfortable to simply take a deep breath, read a statement, and release the breath for each statement . Remember, that it is our intent and awareness that makes all the difference.
You may like to make an audio recording in your own voice and loop it for use with either Access Clearing Statement, EFT or breath release. Some of the sentences seem unwieldy, but they can be effective. So let your experience speak for itself. Run these clearings several times a day for about a week and let me know how it works for you!
- All the conscious and unconscious ways in which I assume that the known is better than the unknown, I release, dissolve, and let go now.
- All the ways in which the fear of the unknown is stored in my mind, body and energies, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- All the ways in which I expect the future to be a repetition or worsening of past suffering, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- All the conditioning, fixed points of view, inherited, collective and personal beliefs, trapped emotions, traumas, cellular memories, programs, and neuron firing patterns that contribute to my reactionary fighting of the unknown, I release, dissolve, and let go now.
- Everything that contributes to, sustains and perpetuates my fear-driven, habitual demand and insistence for predictability and control, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- All my attachment to any acquired learnings and mastery from the past that make me want things to remain the same (so that I can continue to feel safe and in control), I release dissolve and let go now.
- All the anxiety, panic, insecurity and inadequateness triggered at the idea of making a fresh start, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- Any past traumas, significant events, failures, and hurts that made me vow to fight the unknown, and cause me to cling to my limited historical experience, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- Any habitual blinkers, filters, limitations that I use to keep my attention and openness on the known, whilst blinding myself to and making impossible the fresh and the new, I release, dissolve, and let go now.
- All the conscious and unconscious ways in which I resist the unknown, I release, dissolve, and let go now.
- All the conflicting realities I am creating from my concurrent desires for the known and familiar, AND also the fresh and new, whilst concurrently resisting the ‘stuckness’ as well as the unknown new, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- What would it take for me to welcome and explore the unknown with a light-hearted, adventurous, curiosity? Anything that prevents that, I release, dissolve and let go now.
- What would it be like to consistently remember that I am not limited to this mind-body? That who I truly am remains untouched despite any and all of these transient experiences? Anything that prevents that, I release, dissolve and let go now.
If you find this useful, please share it with others as a lot of us seem poised on the borders of major shifts these days. Thanks.
7 thoughts on “13 Clearings To Address The Fear Of The Unknown”
These clearings are awesome. Thanks for writing this and sharing so generously. I went through the clearings and used the Access Clearing statement on all of them. Made me feel much lighter and more open. I plan to use these everyday for a week and see what happens.
Thank you, Deepti 🙂
A regular use does seem appropriate for this set as these are such deep rooted matters 🙂
Would be nice to have your feedback again, after a week’s use 🙂
Nice and helpful. Greatful ..what it would take for us to think better than this ….all of life come to us ease joy and glory….
Thank you Sangeeta! This helped me to let go of inner resistance and mental blocks!
Happy to hear that Vyoma 🙂 Thanks for letting me know.