The requests for guidance with managing waves of emotions and sometimes inexplicable overwhelm have been rising in recent times. Energetically sensitive people feel affected by the collective energies and with all the calamities and changes in the collective and at individual levels, there is often turbulence in the air. I have been sharing these tips in private and decided to share them here for the benefit of those who are looking for this material.
I understand that some of this may make no sense to a large amount of the population and may also provoke my Advaita – inclined friends to remind me of the value of ‘not doing’ and being. I hold argument with neither and will not be responding to any comments along this line. I believe the most pragmatic thing possible is to be honest about where you are located on your spiritual journey. So if you need a float to help when you feel you are drowning – so be it. Once you remember you always knew how to swim – you can drop them. Until then, do what is needed in the moment to stay afloat. It may seem like a lot to do, but it gets effortless with little practice. The relief is so palpable, that it is worth cultivating the habits that resonate.
Once one is more consistently centered in oneness, the idea of separation, threat and defense are irrelevant and slipping into our ‘home space’, or rather out of the maya – results in more frequent states of calming harmony. The longer term intention of moving into that awareness with regular meditations and inner work is recommended. Love is all there is and that is all that is really ever required. So anything that brings you to seeing and living from the heart is a practice that will benefit. Remember that love and fear cannot co-exist. But until you get into the swing of things, here are some useful options:
1. Violet flame/Golden sphere visualization for protecting and holding your own space. Advised before stepping into meetings and crowded spaces.
2. Whenever you have a shower, intend that your aura is being cleansed of all foreign and negative energies as well.
3. If possible, once in a while draw a bath or use a bucket – with a cupful of unrefined sea salt.
4. Earthing is an excellent way to drain off stuff – barefeet on sand/earth/sea.
5. Smudging with sage/dhoop, ringing bells, Mahamrutunjaya mantra playing in the background, or other healing music all help maintain a cleaner space.
6. Declutter. Clutter distracts. Be careful of old stuff and things you bring into your space.
7. Whenever an addictive urge comes up, run all the tests below and avoid succumbing to numbing distractions. The short term relief comes at a heavy, long term cost. Try to remain in awareness. Emotional Freedom Techniques can be used to address cravings.
8. Cut cords with anyone you suspect you have entanglements with, as soon as you can.
9. You can call on a favourite angel, or ascended Master to help with clearing or keeping your space clean. Archangel Michael, Christ, Dhwaj Kwal and Wyamoos, are particularly helpful in this area.
10. Crystals like Smoky Quartz, Black Agate and Black Tourmaline are helpful. Wash and clean regularly if used.
11. Regular time in nature, with animals and alone. Not only refreshes but also anchors in the awareness of your own ‘clean space’ and helps you notice when you pick up and need to clean.
12. Whirling, Dance, Music, Exercise all help to move energies and keep them from stagnating. Also helps undo any depression or fatigue.
To be learned and practiced over the long term:
1. Awareness is the key. Center yourself and be fully present – claim your space. Reconnect to source.
2. Learn to tune in to the body and LISTEN to it. You can use muscle testing, breath or simply notice if you are feeling light or heavy, expanded or tight. Learn to notice anything that triggers you, whether it be a space, substance or person, and avoid if possible. Don’t try to rationalize it. You can’t take care of another if you are not taking care of yourself first. If you choose to be around them, make sure you are connected to source.
3. At the first sign of discomfort ask “Who does this belong to?” several times. If it makes you feel lighter or saying “This is not mine” makes you feel lighter, than simply request it return to sender with elevated consciousness. (This is an Access Consciousness tool.)
4. If triggered, ask “Is there an entity?” and “Is there an astral entity?” If yes, command to go to light. If that doesn’t work, ask what they want and negotiate a solution. Emotions are the bridge that connects – so clear any trapped emotions you become aware of with EFT or by holding the intention and running fingers from nose, over the head to top of spine three times. For those interested, recommend study and use of Emotion Code for finding and releasing trapped emotions. Overwhelm is one of the most common Trapped Emotions for empaths and you can always start with clearing that one.
5. Other possibilities are resonance and inherited emotions. Again, EFT, Emotion Code, or the Access Clearing Statement can be used to release any such emotions you find with muscle testing or dowsing.
6. Work on clearing self of trapped emotions and fixed points of views. These are the bridges – the hooks in us. The less we have of these, the less chances of someone else’s stuff finding our frequency or attaching to us, as there is limited commonality. So healing old wounds, letting go of judgments and rigid stances is actually important and useful, requiring ongoing consistent practice.
7. NOW Healing The mid-line running from lower root chakra through the center and all the way up and above the crown chakra is like the controlling energy centre where you can “enter commands” by sweeping attention up this mid-line and making the statements. Useful commands:
a. ALIGN with Wholeness NOW. Or Reconnect with Source NOW.
b. ALIGN to own energies NOW
c. Bring up all the information, emotion, energy, contributors, entities, etc… to be cleared in the field by intention and then run the command “DISENTANGLE NOW”.
d. REPAIR Energy Field NOW
e. REINTEGRATE NOW
You can repeat any of the above (with sweep of attention up the center) as often as required till you feel done.
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” ~ Dalai Lama
I hope and intend that some of the above suggestions will help a few readers find their inner peace, despite any outer storms. (If you find any of the above useful, please do share it with others. Thank you.)
Are You An Earth Sensitive? and Why You Need To Know
11 Ways to Address Helplessness Poems: This Too Shall Pass
Are you an Empath? 30 Traits of an Empath
68 thoughts on “Tools for Empaths”
Thank you for sharing this precious information. Bookmarked!
Thank you Kim! Glad you found it useful 🙂
this is beautiful…i got it at the right time..thanks a ton.
Most welcome Rekha 🙂
Thank you for sharing 🙂
Most welcome Angela 🙂
Very nice and exhaustive list… book-worthy! 🙂
Thank you Aalif 🙂
Perfect Timing! Amazing Healing information. I am a Reiki &Akashic Healer with all the right tools but my Mom(Best Friend) just Passed and it rocked my world also most off the cliff emotionally. With this info in front of me I can regain my power & strength back into a healthy alignment. My heart my take a little longer but with my inner light & love I WILL be whole again! Thank You so much.
With Love & Light, Shelly. 🙂
My mum was my best friend too Shelly, so I do have some sense of where you would be located. So glad to be of service during this time. Much love and light to you.
Reblogged this on Andrea Cullen and commented:
Lovely blog; I see many clients that don’t understand what is going on for them until I highlight they have high empathy and sensitivity. This is shared for all my wonderful caring sensitive clients and loved ones.
beautiful thank you; shared for my clients. So many people have no idea that they pick up so much from this world, they just end up in my office ill and frazzled. Your words will help a lot of people. x thank you. Keep writing from your heart; it makes a difference.
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment Andrea 🙂
Good wishes for you and your work!
Thank you for compiling a list of simple techniques… as more and more people are raising their awareness and level of consciousness, there will be many more open to learning how to keep their energy clear and strong. ❤
Thanks Toni 🙂 Nice to have you visit here.
love and light
Enlightening. I am happy I located this blog
Thank you Sushil! Happy to hear the same 🙂
you…always good to be reminded…Fire is a good purifier and wind….love to all
Thank you for sharing this Sangeeta. I learned so much that I could use. Blessings.
Thank you Sangeeta. I woke up this morning intending to make a tool list
for myself and found this! Awesome. Much needed. Thanks again x
Most welcome. Happy it helped 🙂
‘Overwhelm’… surely the most relevant associate of this empath’s (me) malady!
Thank you… and many Blessings Sangeeta 🙂
Most welcome 🙂
Reblogged this on oceangirlontheouterbanks and commented:
Some tools for fellow empaths .. ❤
Such beautiful advice and thoughts! Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you 🌈🌻☀️
Thank you. Good wishes to you too.
A related article with some sensible suggestions: http://wakeup-world.com/2015/03/26/tired-being-negativity-sponge-12-ways-reclaim-energy-prevent-energy-infiltration/
Reblogged this on lovereiki.
Thank you for reblogging 🙂
Reblogged this on p4th3ticw3rds and commented:
This was the perfect read for my disconnecting/reconnecting weekend. Overwhelm is exactly what I have been feeling lately. It blows me away that simple words can put things back in perfect perspective so simply. I hope it helps you too. Creating time today, alone nature time tomorrow. A happy productive weekend to you all. Love and light in abundance! ❤ p4th3tic
Thanks for reblogging Kiran.
Revisiting this dear one. Powerful stuff. Most needed now. And also a few things in addition which could help- need to keep for myself/ remind myself :
1. Walnut & Crab Apple Bach flower remedies
2. Core healing Space clearing Spray
3. Psych-k Whole brain process.
4. Breath work / Pranayam
5. Brain Gym etc.
6. Today’s Manoj Pavitran status:
“Yoga of digesting emails
I got an email today, nothing special about it, right?
Some emails are very special, especially if you are practicing yoga.
Let me regress a bit, as every story needs some suspense.
Today while taking bath in the evening I noticed a wave of anger trying to grip my mind and then I let my mind receive it fully while giving it expression in the privacy of my home. From the contents expressed by my mind, it was clear from where it was coming and the person who was angry with me. Then I knew soon I will be getting some message from this person. One hour later the email came and as expected the person was very upset and angry with me. Even if I was expecting the mail, when I read it, the experience was like becoming a disturbed beehive. The whole energy gets transferred into the body and the body gets infused with it.
Energy exchange is all the time happening, but some exchanges are very unpleasant. Often we do not realize what gets transferred as energy and mistake it for our own. But once you learn to distinguish the influx from outside it is easy to distinguish what you are and what has entered. If one is unconscious the tendency is to transmit it back or to someone else who may have nothing to do with it. Energy waves circulate through the world jumping from one person to another like an electric current. We are receivers and transmitters at the same time.
An important thing about yoga is first to become aware of what has entered and make sure that what goes out is well digested, refined and harmonized. Now that takes some awareness and a certain mastery over the energy waves entering. Breath is a good alley when it comes to transforming disturbed and disharmonious energies, just by stepping back and using deep calm rhythmic breath one can neutralize the effect. Then it is safe to express oneself. Otherwise, the energy goes out through our words and deeds.
Well, that’s what I did post dinner, digesting an email and it became the raw material for this post smile emoticon
You can always recycle things, and give them a better life.
Have a good night.”
– Manoj Pavitran
Thanks for adding to the list 🙂
Comments like this one make an article even more valuable. Thank you for sharing your experience and wisdom. ❤
Thankyou for breaking the silence and sharing Xx
This was a great article and very helpful. I’m eager to read more of you as you have a deep understanding of what I’m trying to accomplish. Thank you for the bottom of my heart.
Thank you Nicia, happy to know its been helpful 🙂
Thank you Sangeeta for this wonderful article. Very elaborate and informative! Have you heard of Machaelle small Wright and Perelandra? She communicates with devas and nature spirits and they’ve given her a number of clearing processes that could be used for what you describe above. The battle release process, for instance, helps to release stuck energies where there have been wars and battles, as well as big arguments between people. I think it’s worth adding a link to Perelandra to your list of resources.www.perelandra-ltd.com/
Thank you, Diana. I haven’t heard of them, but I will now check out the link you have shared. It sounds a bit like the earth work I have described in a related article, ‘Are you an Earth Sensitive? And why you need to know.’ Thanks for sharing that information.
Thank you, thank you! I came across this article because I believe I was led to it.
Thank you, Suzette 🙂
Thank you for this posting. Blessings!
Thank you! Good wishes to you too!
Hello Sangeeta! Thank you for the amazing article. I was wondering where you found the image for Cho Ku Rei? Its really lovely! Are there similar images for Sei He Ki and Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen?
Thank you, Eric 🙂 I made that digital painting myself 🙂 I haven’t made the other symbols, at least not as yet!
Good wishes to you,
Thank you! This is exactly what I was discussing a few days ago.
You were always meant to be encountered as part of my journey
Thank you so much for this.
Thank you so much this was something I needed to read for sure I started feeling better just reading this even though I’ve know for a long time that I needed this.thank you again .
Thank you, Shawna! Glad it helped 🙂 Best Wishes!